Thursday, February 28, 2008

Disaster strikes!













It's been a long time since an update, but we have a good excuse. This is a picture of Apple's version of the "blue screen of death". Yes, Macs do melt down. 

In this instance my main system hard-drive on my video editing computer physically ground to a halt. The fine folks at Mac Service did a fine job at replacing the unit, although the data was a total loss. Fortunately I my back-up regimen saved my project media files (still working on Invasive Species videos) and parts of my operating system and applications. Despite the back-ups, it's still going to take a few days to get everything back in working condition. Deadlines? What deadlines?

Lesson: back everything up! Keep clones of system drives ready to go, as well as media drives. 

Geek out over, crisis over.  

No comments: